Drones have become quite the popular gadget for photography these days. Young, aspiring YouTubers are providing some of the best overhead views and shots using drone cameras. However, have you heard about drones that allow you to take underwater adventures, including fishing, exploring marine life, and swimming with the fishes?
If you haven’t and you love the aquatic life, you ought to get your hands on one of these top 4 drones that have been designed specifically for underwater drone fishing. The experience will be like no other.
1. PowerRay ( like the ray fish)
PowerVision has introduced this underwater drone that is shaped like the ray fish. It is only available for people in the USA and Canada as of now. It has been designed to take one into deep waters to explore the marine life from up close. You get a complete deep ocean view without getting yourself into a scuba suit. It has been designed to work perfectly well in all types of waters: fresh, salt and even chlorinated.
Specifications for PowerRay
- It comes with a built-in storage capacity of up to 64 GB.
- It has been made to reach depths of about 98 feet.
- It runs on 3 motors at a speed on 3 Kn (maximum).
- It uses a 3000 mAh non-removable battery which has a charging time of 2.5 hours.
- It has been equipped with a 2.3-inch CMOS sensor, F2.8 lens, and 95 degrees FOV.
- It has a 4K camera with 12MP that takes 4000 x 3000 still images and shoots 25 fps videos.
- It has been powered with 450 lumens of lights for a clear view in murky water.
- It allows a clear live view of the ocean at 1080p.
You can choose from three different packages available on the official website: Explorer, Angler and Wizard.
2. BIKI ( first bionic robot fish )
BIKI is also known as the world’s first bionic robot fish, as it’s one of those drones that aspire to be a fish. Its tiny build allows it to maneuver through the depths of the ocean and catch the otherwise hard-to-see views. It has also been equipped with sonar to avoid obstacles in its path while it’s busy exploring the depths of the ocean while swimming with the fish and other sea creatures! You may call it your little Nemo if you like because that’s just how cute it looks.
Specifications of BIKI
- It can travel at a maximum speed of 1.12 mph.
- It has been designed to reach depths of 196 feet.
- It has been made using an ultra-silent mechanism, producing no more than 55 dB of sound.
- It comes equipped with 2 lights that have 114 lumens.
- It comes bearing a maximum storage capacity of 32 GB.
- It is capable of shooting photos and videos in up to 4K quality.
- It can be used for 90 to 120 minutes underwater on every charge.
- It can be directly connected to Wi-Fi on your smartphone or tablet.
- It comes equipped with features such as automated balance, route customization, and a built-in GPS.
- It features a camera stabilizer and a 150-degree wide-angle lens.
The BIKI comes with 2 different control modes for ease of use, but don’t risk the purchase if you can’t control drones as this one can be slightly tricky.
3. AquaBotix Hydroview
Here is another underwater vehicle that has been designed for underwater drone fishing. It has been made with a sturdy design to accomplish the more complex missions deep in the ocean. It comes with a variety of upgrades, so you may choose to get your hands on one that features an orientation sensor in poor visibility. Moreover, an optical sensor may be purchased with AquaBotix to measure underwater depths. A temperature sensor is also provided in case you are interested to get one of those with your underwater drone.
- It features a 1 MP CMOS sensor that provides 1280 x 200 images and HD video of 720p.
- It comes with a 75 feet cable, which is extendable to a maximum length of 200 feet.
- A memory card slot has been given and an 8 GB card provided with the purchase.
- This underwater drone can accept a maximum of 32 GB of storage.
- It can capture 1 to 2 hours of HD video on a single charge.
- It has also been powered by LED lights for a clear view under water.
- It comes with a waterproof carry case.
- It may be connected to Wi-Fi.
It has been ranked as one of the best underwater drones owing to ease of use and superior portability.
4. Trident (for scuba drivers)
This one has been specifically made for underwater exploration for scuba divers and boaters. It’s one of the most optimized underwater drones ever made. It has been designed hydrodynamically to offset the heavy thrusting force within the water. As a result, you are able to move through the harsh water currents faster and more efficiently.
In addition to this, it comes equipped with an off-center vertical thruster that enables it to alter depth without pitching, similar to how a traditional ROV operates.
Specifications of Trident
- It can reach a maximum depth of 100 meters.
- It provides a drive time of 3 hours underwater.
- It can reach a maximum speed of 2 m/s.
- It provides a clear live video in 1080p.
- It comes with an optimized camera system that allows you to view the ocean in its original colors.
- The battery takes 1.5 hours to be fully charged.
- It features Wi-Fi connectivity and works on an Android device.
- It has been powered with 360-lumen LED lights for a clear view in murky waters.
Trident has been made to endure all types of waters, including seawater and chlorinated.
If you are enthusiastic about exploring underwater marine life and fishing, you ought to get one of these high-powered robots to provide you with a crystal-clear view of the ocean without you having to step into the water. They sure know how to take care of your hydrophobias!